According to Divine teachings, creation, life, and death are believed to serve a greater purpose. Allah (God) created the universe, and every thing in it, including human beings, with a specific purpose . The Quran, emphasizes that humans were created to as a crown of the creation for a divine plan. First of all to know the real creator and to acknowledge Him and submit to Him as their unique creator with all powers and to obey Him and to praise & worship Him alone without associating any one else with all love and sincerity. This will establish a true connection and relationship with Him.
Life on this planet is seen as a temporary test and a means to demonstrate one’s faith and deeds will all love and sincerity. Such submission and sincere actions in this life will determine their fate in the hereafterlife. On the day of judgment individuals status according to their faith and obedience will be determined. Those qualified the test will be the eternally successful and happy.
Death, in Islamic belief, is considered a transition to the next life. The sincere believers in Allah- God will be rewarded with paradise. Under Divine scheme death is a natural part of the journey, leading to the next eternal life. All souls will be resurrected and their next life will be determined under the grace and justice of God. Allah God,s mercy will prevail upon every one and will be judged with absolute justice and compassion. Since the mankind was created by Allah,s mercy as a crown of creation. Humans were given free will to chose between the right and wrong, ethical & unethical, honest & dishonest, good & bad etc therefore has to go through for a test and judgement to determine his/her status in the eternal world.
Divine books provided clear instructions how to lead life on this planet. Divine books Torah , Bible and final book Quran emphasizes the importance of living a righteous life. According to the teachings of the final divine book -Quran and the final Prophet Muhammad every believer/ Muslim must follow the Divine instructions in right actions and with sincere intentions in preparation for the eternal life that follows death. A great scholar and mystic Shaikh Jalal Uddin Rumi, had profound views on life and death that are reflected in his poetry and teachings. His writings often focus on spiritual themes and the nature of existence. While his work is rich and varied, here are some key insights Rumi offered:
- Transience of Life: Rumi often spoke about the impermanence of life in this world. He emphasized that worldly pursuits and attachments are fleeting, and people should not be overly attached to material possessions or worldly desires to stay focused to their reality which is not material but spiritual.
- Seeking the Divine: Rumi believed that the purpose of human life is to seek a deeper connection with the divine. He encouraged individuals to turn their hearts and minds toward God and to cultivate a spiritual relationship through prayer, meditation, and self-reflection.
- Death as a Transition: Rumi viewed death as a transition from the physical realm to the spiritual realm. He saw it as a doorway to a higher reality and a return to the source of existence. His poetry often portrays death as a reunion with the beloved (Allah-God) and a liberation from the limitations of the material world.
- Transformation: Rumi frequently used metaphors of transformation to describe the journey of the soul. He believed that through spiritual practices and inner work, individuals can undergo a profound transformation, shedding their ego and attachments to become closer to the divine essence.
- Love and Unity: Love was a central theme in Rumi’s work. He spoke of divine love as the force that brings everything into existence and unites all beings. Rumi emphasized the unity of all creation and the interconnectedness of humanity.
- Detachment and Freedom: Rumi encouraged detachment from the material world as a means to experience true freedom and spiritual liberation. He believed that by letting go of attachments and desires, individuals could experience a deeper sense of peace and inner joy.
Rumi’s teachings offer a perspective to focuses on the universal aspects of human existence. His poetry continues to inspire people of various backgrounds to reflect on the nature of life, and death, as the spiritual journey. Conclusion -::- Total submission with all thanks to Allah for including us in His crown of the creation and following the Divine instructions to qualify best eternal life is the right and wise way and eternally successful way. Not falling into the devil,s traps by following our ill whims and thoughts. Let’s declare that there is non worthy of our worship but Allah God alone, our best Creator and most merciful Allah God. And follow His instructions for eternal success during our earthly life with all sincerity ( Dr Mansour Malik)